The Department of Engineering is one of the departments in the Malawi Institute of Technology. Our vision is to be a globally recognised engineering department with top 5 world ranking in the world and No. 1 ranking in Malawi and a centre of innovative designing and manufacturing.
In the Department of Engineering, we have a mission to:
- Teach advanced theoretical and practical engineering knowledge and skills useful for the local and international industry.
- Source funds for the university through short courses and other commercial activities such as design and manufacturing of developed products.
- Promote research and innovation among staff and students.
- Collaborate with local and international institutions in order to carry out advanced research, internship and dissemination programmes.
Areas of Focus
Our general areas of focus include the following:
- General engineering (mechanical, agricultural, electrical)
- Specialized engineering (biomedical, mineral processing, food processing, material engineering, etc.).
Contact the Engineering department
||Mr. Edwin Khundi
| Postal Address
||MUST, P.O. Box 5196, Limbe, Malawi
||+265 111 478 000